Farming and Engineering Services (‘FES’) is recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our Agricultural team in Blantyre, Malawi.
Position: Business Analyst
FES, established in Malawi in 1967, caters for a broad customer base of commercial and emerging farmers. It is the single largest investor in Malawi’s agricultural equipment industry and the sale distributor of several well-known and trusted brands. FES was acquired by a consortium of investors in April 2020 and as part of the Groups ambitious expansion strategy, recently expanded its business operations through acquisition into Zambia.
Your role as Business Analyst will encompass assisting the Agricultural Department in developing and executing the Group’s Agric strategy. This will include but will not be limited to the following elements:
- Conducting commercial due diligence to refine the Groups strategy. This will include and not be limited to maricet, customer and sales channel assessment.
- Monitoring the execution of the Agric plan against targets and KPls.
- Creating. with the agric department. a reporting framework for management information.
- Pertorm financial analysis to identify and implement short-term value-add and profit improvement projects across the Group that increase operational efficiencies and financial performance.
- Support the Groups Operational Contracts Manager in the preparation of costing models and pitch materialsfor business development.
Applicant individuals will have to demonstrate the following experience and core competencies:
- Strong academic results and the completion of at least an undergraduate degree with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Economics. Finance. or a similar subject focus.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a relevant area (e.g.. impact investing, business strategy, financial consulting or similar).
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges involved in agricultural development. investing in commercial agribusinesses. and investing for impact.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge as well as excellent data analysis/Quantitative skills.
- Strong applicants will offer experience of building and reviewing financial models in packages such as Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail. including an ability to take complex analysis and summarise its key takeaways in a structured and succinct manner. Strong applicants will offer experience contributing to senior-level (e.g.. board-level) documents and pitch documents to clients.
- Fluency in English with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong applicants will have demonstrated experience delivering presentations to senior level staff or stakeholders.
- A proven ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their application letters together with detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates with three traceable referees to the following address. to reach us not later than 19th February, 2021.
The Group Managing Director
Farming and Engineering Services Ltd
P.O. Box 918
E-mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged