POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (4 POSITIONS)
Location: Mangochi, Salima, Mponera and Zingwangwa Clinics.
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization
established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare
including HIV/AIDS information and interventions.
BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International Partnership which works in 37 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives.
The organization has national coverage, operating through 26 clinics, over 460 outreach sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Administrative Assistant
existing in our Mangochi, Salima, Mponera and Zingwangwa Clinics.
Position: Administrative Assistants (4 posts)
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Centre Manager and providers by handling routine office tasks and Administrative support for clinical work, all communication and tracking documents ensuring high levels of confidentiality.
- Receive and welcome all visitors to the centre with courtesy and professionalism.
- Keeping reception area tidy and organized at all times
- Assist the centre Manager / provider by registering the clients and collection of fees
- Participate in the daily routine, working with team members to ensure the smooth running of the centre
- Collate the daily client / service data and record on register appropriately.
- Data capturing using required systems i.e. CLIC
- Ensure that all income collected is stored in a safe place
- Manage the petty cash according to organization procedures
- Ensure effective stock Management for the centre/ clinic
- Ensure that all received bills are presented to head office promptly for payments
- Maintain an inventory of organizational assets, reporting any discrepancies, and taking corrective action, in consultation with the centre manager
- Assist the centre team leader with compiling centre reports at the end of the month
- Support with clerical duties such as typing, filing, faxing and photocopying.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in any of the following areas: Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or Secretarial Studies
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in an NGO preferably in similar role.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Hospital Systems & general Administration
- Team player
- Proficient in operation of different office machines, mastery of Microsoft Office applications like Word and excel, e-mail e.t.c
- Have excellent English and communication skills.
- Be a mature, self starter that is focused on results with good attention to detail
- Be highly organised, able to work under pressure and apply different operating procedures or policies.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of three traceable referees one of whom should be your current or most recent employer to:
The Director of Human Resources
Banja La Mtsogolo
P.O. Box 1854
to reach him not later than Monday, 23rd of November 2020.
Applicants may indicate their preferred District, but it is not a decisive factor for shortlisting.
BLM is an equal opportunities employer.
No canvassing of any kind is allowed.