Latitude 13 Degrees, A unique African lifestyle Hotel nestled in the leafy lanes of Lilongwe seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and dedicated individual for the position of Assistant F&B Manager.
We are looking for a strong individual who can lead the business, uphold the company standards and deliver the highest level of customer service we aim to provide. The ideal candidate is trust worthy, honest, independent, and goal-oriented and can multitask. He/she is computer literate and can work under pressure, a team player, service orientated, has excellent attention to detail.
Job Title: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager supports with the managing and/or coordinating all food & beverage activities including supervising the bar and restaurant team, overseeing quality of food and drinks, ensuring that the quality of service offered meets and exceeds brand standards and ensuring that the proper cash handling procedures are followed.
S/he supports with the management of the food & beverage team and ensures that the assigned team members operate in compliance with the correct correct health and safety procedures and applicable internal policies and procedures at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that quality, standards and guest expectations are met on a daily basis.
- Verifies that all restaurant and bar outlets have an atmosphere that is conducive to overall guest experience.
- Administers all food and beverage facilities and ensure optimal cleanliness and safety procedures in efficient working.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest complaints in a timely manner and with urgency, seeking assistance from the supervisor where necessary.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within the guidelines and Company standards set.
- Verifies compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedure ensuring continuous improvement targeted at exceeding guest expectations.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings daily to update team members on new developments, upcoming events and areas of improvement on service-related issues.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment, uniforms and ensuring they are properly groomed at all times.
- Prioritizes delegates, supervises job assignments, and verifies that each food & beverage section is briefed on the day’s activities. S/he will assist the individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including managing discipline, overseeing performance standards, monitoring, and evaluating performance.
- Provide regular feedback to the team members on their performances and areas of improvements
- Supports with the preparation and maintenance of personnel records i.e. leave, attendance, rosters and training trackers.
Skills and Specifications:
- Must possess good leadership skills to support with resolving conflict, Food and beverage managers must be leaders in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Must possess good communication skills both written and verbal, computer skills and is to understand and accurately follow instructions.
- Ability to multitask and must be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Good customer service, problem-solving skills and must have ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Always maintains Integrity, honesty and accountability in all transactions.
- Must always practice good grooming and personal hygiene.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention measures.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Diploma/Degrees in hospitality/hotel management
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience in food and beverage management or degree from an accredited university in hospitality management, business administration, guest services or related professional area.
- Due to the long hours of standing involved on this job, this position requires an individual to be physically fit and able stand for long periods.
- S/he must be able to work both day and night shifts and when required.
How to apply
All applications should be emailed to:
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: April 15, 2021