Position: Agriculture & Livelihoods Officer (1 position) — Karonga
Lusubilo is a faith based community organization under the Diocese of Karonga. In partnership with Catholic Relief Services CRS — Malawi, the organization is implementing a number of projects that aim at alleviating the suffering of the orphans, other vulnerable children (OVCs) and the needy in its impact areas. Lusubilo aims at empowering communities to take the responsibilities of caring and supporting those in need around them.
In order to promote a self-reliant and build a self-reliance community (reduce the need for external support in the long term), Lusubilo with support from CRS, will be implementing a graduation model programme which has been designed to address the many challenges of extreme poverty by simultaneously boosting livelihoods and income of its beneficiaries.
UNPAID INTERNSHIP (1 Position Karonga)
Internship Position : Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
Reporting to : M & E Officer
Key roles and responsibilities.
M&E Systems design
- Facilitate development of M&E systems (including M&E operational manuals for projects, data collection tools, data quality management, etc) for each and every project in consultation with Project Management Team and key partners based on project management team, community, and other stakeholders information needs.
- Provide M&E support to project staff on the compilation of monitoring reports and data quality management for the programme.
- Facilitate planning and participate in the implementation of project evaluations be responsible for managing external consultants engaged to undertake project evaluations and programme activity documentation .
- Facilitate the development of database for Lusubilo and ensuring that the database is functional all the time
- Review existing M&E plans, make necessary updates and develop management information systems.
• Consolidate/Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the organization and other stakeholders.
• Assist with establishing mechanisms for capturing, analyzing, reporting/sharing and applying M&E findings, information, lessons learned, and best practices among program staff and M&E units within the organization.
- • Ensure that targeted projects’ beneficiaries are identified according to the laid criteria or guidelines.
• Participate in regular meeting with the project team and representative on program management team meetings and other stakeholder meetings on M&E related subjects.
• Ensure that commodity tracking management for the programme’s warehouse is adhered to accordingly in line with organizational standards and resources are maintained.
• Monitor M&E systems for on-going programs: analyze strengths and weaknesses in relation to objectives with an aim to improve program quality and M&E standards.
• Provide technical guidance to the management for the quality programs implementation.
• Consolidate/support (the development of) implementation plans for staff.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by management
- • BSc/BA in Social Sciences (Statistics)/Agricultural Economics
• Strong strategic, analytical, system thinking and problem solving skills, with ability to see the bigger picture and make solid judgement and decisions.
• Team leadership ability worker.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate (i.e. Ms. Office, excel, SPSS, Access and online data management.
• Ability to speak or understand local languages (Ngonde/ Tumbuka) with a good command in English.
• Willingness to work with rural communities and odd hours
How to apply
Interested persons with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their applications enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three traceable referees by 15th March, 2021 to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Lusubilo Community Care
P.O. Box 42
To reach us not later than 15th March 2021 17.00hr
Lusubilo is an equal employer. Women who are qualifying are strongly encouraged to apply