The Tea Research Foundation of Central Africa seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Technical Officer—Agronomy
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Assist research scientists in implementing research projects.
- Collect and compile data from research trials.
- Assist in data analysis and writing annual technical report.
- Train, supervise other research assistants in setting up experiments.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date data bank for ail research projects.
- Attend technical meetings.
- Develop monthly work plans and compile progress reports.
- Manage the TRFCA tea nursery and supervise tea field development activities.
- Maintain up-to-date records of nursery plants, propagation activities, plant sales and tea field development activities.
Qualifications and Key Competences
- Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Have good work planning skills and able to logically organize research activities and nursery operations.
- Able to work in a team and enhance productivity.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills including good report writing skills.
- Able to do literature search.
- Have good knowledge of tea nursery management.
- Be innovative and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to meet targets.
- Have knowledge of statistical packages, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration package to successful candidates commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons meeting the stated minimum requirements must submit their applications and detailed CV’s with three traceable referees to the address below before close of business on 26th June 2020.
Tea Research Foundation of Central Africa,
P.O. Box 51,
Email: [email protected]