Illovo Sugar (Malawi) plc – Dwangwa Estate, situated 60 Kilometres north of Nkhotakota District invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Agricultural Engineering Manager in the Agriculture Division.
Position: Agricultural Engineering Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in sugarcane agriculture/large estate agriculture, including 5 years in a senior management role working with mechanization, logistics and irrigation asset management.
- Financial and business acumen for a large estate including capex management
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical advice to Agriculture Management on Irrigation processes in order to sustain and improve sugarcane production on the estate.
- Driving engineering modernisation and optimisation improvement plans through innovation and new farming systems to improve yields and efficiency.
- Supporting adoption and embedding agreed best practices, frameworks, minimum standards and processes across all farms.
- Directing the laying and maintenance of irrigation water mains, canals, and other infield irrigation plumbing infrastructure.
- Benchmarking and optimizing water productivity on the estate
- Driving constant electricity supply at right times and optimization electricity demand/use across the estate.
- Coordinating the maintenance system for pumps, motors, transformers, overhead lines on the estate to ensure continuous availability.
- Providing agricultural engineering support to grower organizations.
- Managing and drafting asset management, operating budget and capital plans, and developing business cases for farm capex upgrades and investment.
- Overseeing effective talent and performance management and building a strong leadership team and talent pipeline.
- Promoting and adhering to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines.
How to apply
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements and would like to be considered for this position, please send your application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees to;
The Human Resources Mill Head,
Illovo Sugar (Malawi) Plc,
P.O. Box 46
Or email to:
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for all applications is Friday 10 July, 2020.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged within 2 weeks from the closing date.