African Institute of Corporate Citizenship (AICC) is a non-governmental organization whose main mandate is to promote the role of businesses in building resilient communities and sustainable businesses through partnerships. AICC’s uniqueness is the capacity to engage and bring on board the private sector in development. AICC specializes in acting as a catalyst and facilitator of change; as a broker and initiator of multi-sector partnerships and platforms; and as a knowledge management hub for issues relating to the role of responsible business in African societies. Since its establishment, AICC has among others engaged in capacity building, research and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes that bring together businesses, government and the civil society for collective actions to address sustainability challenges.
AICC has entered into a partnership agreement with WE Effect to implement a Sustainable Cotton for Women and Youth Empowerment (SCOWOYE) which is aimed at contributing to the reduction of poverty and injustice through improved productivity in the Cotton Subsector. The project is expected to commence in May 2020 and will be implemented in four districts of Chikhwawa, Balaka, Mangochi and Salima. It is in this regard that AICC wishes to engage the services of qualified, experienced and dynamic persons to fill the positions of project officer (1 post)
PROJECT OFFICER – COTTON (1 Post)
The project Officer will provide essential support to the project, working with the Cotton Program Manager and other team members to achieve the project success. S/he will report directly to the Program Manager in the Cotton Platform.
Functions and Responsibilities
The following will be the tasks to be performed by the Project Officer
- Prepare Project Briefs, Updates, Summaries and Analysis as part of progress reporting from time to time.
- On regular basis, meet with the Programme Manager/ Head of Programmes to review progress and to discuss future steps.
- Maintaining crucial project documents which track project progress. S/he will file all project documents in an appropriate database or library, and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager.
- Identify any potential issues and risks that could affect progression of the project. Work with the Manager on these to identify possible solutions.
- Prepare work plans/ work schedule for all planned activities and ensure that these are submitted to platform Managers for approval as per agreed overall work plan.
- Monitor implementation of the work plan or schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. Check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the project managers.
- Work with the Project manager to plan and organize events, activities and sessions relating to Youth livelihoods, employment creation, entrepreneurship and skills training.
- Work with other stakeholders, local community leaders and other community stakeholders to identify and address issues affecting project delivery.
- Undertake Resource Mobilization Activities through Proposal Development and other means of generating resources for the organization.
- Collect and collate/compile monthly, quarterly or any report and data required information relating to the programme and submit this to the project manager in time.
- Build and maintain positive working relations with all development partners (both local and national) in support of the SCOWOYE Project.
- Network with other key partners – NGOs, CBOs, Government departments and key community members at national to ensure that the programme is fully supported.
- Represent AICC in local level community forums, meetings and events as appropriate from time to time.
- Attend programme development, planning, review and any meetings that are scheduled with staff from time to time.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agri-business, Social Sciences or any other Development related field.
- Thorough familiarity with Microsoft word, Excel, Power-point and other project scheduling computer applications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Experience to engage with the Private Sector will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, troubleshoot and to meet short and long-term deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
Interested candidates should send their application including a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates plus names of three traceable referees to address below not later than 21st May 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews on 26th May 2020.
The Head of Human Resource and Administration
African Institute of Corporate Citizenship
Private Bag 382
Email: [email protected]
AICC is an equal opportunity employer as such women and any other disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that these vacancies information is also available on our various electronic platforms listed below.