AFIDEP is looking to recruit an experienced and energetic person to fill in the position of Project Administrative Officer that is available in the AFIDEP Malawi office. The position is for an initial fixed-term of 2 years, renewable, based on performance, relevance of the role and availability of funds.
The role will report to the Director of Research & Head of Malawi Office and it will entail providing support including administration, monitoring project budgets and tracking project implementation, and coordination of project team meetings, under the Research Director’s office, all in a bid to enhance efficiency and service delivery both to the Director of Research, internal and external clients.
- Work closely and effectively with the DoR to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; assist in composing correspondence.
- Make project travel arrangements as and when required; compile documents for meetings; complete travel expense reports.
- Track the implementation of all projects under the Director’s leadership and provide early alerts on implementation challenges.
- Identify synergies between projects to maximise efficiencies in time and cost.
- Create and maintain a database of all project documents.
- Liaise with Finance to monitor project budgets and provide quarterly reports of burn rate.
- Maintain project calendars, coordinate meetings and follow-up on actions points.
- In consultation with project managers and project coordinators, prepare consolidated monthly reports on the projects and PowerPoint presentations as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters’ degree in social sciences or development studies with at least 3 years’ work
experience in a project officer role.
- Exceptionally, those with a first degree in Business Administration and have worked for
at least 4 years in the development research field will be considered.
- Project management
- Budget tracking
- Experience working in an international organization
- Experience of working with databases for project management
- High-level proficient user of MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Practical experience of working in project-based environment.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards for project management
- Experience of using project management software
- Knowledge of international development or a demonstrated interest in poverty-related
- Experience of working in a research office
- Experience in proposal writing, finance or accounting knowledge is an added advantage.
Core Competencies and Skills
- Advanced communication and writing skills in English (skills in French desirable)
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking, and administration
- Technological skills for digital databases management
- Interpersonal, motivator, effective team management skills and collaboration across
- The ability to understand and support the needs of diverse projects across an
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates meeting the above Essential and some of the Desirable qualifications and experience can send the following:
- A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications /competencies
- Up-to-date CV including three relevant referees;
Applications should be sent to [email protected] not later than 24th April 2020 with the title “PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER – AFIDEP MALAWI’’ as the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis until the position is filled.