The Administration and Finance Officer is responsible to assist the finance department to achieve or exceed the annual goals for the Malawi Savings Groups Ministry.
LOCATION: Lilongwe- Malawi
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Administration
REPORTS TO: Administration & Finance Officer (AFM)
FULL JOB SUMMARY
The Administration and Finance Officer (AFO) is responsible to assist the AFM to achieve or exceed the annual goals for the Malawi Savings Group Ministry, by verifying the effectiveness of internal controls and ensuring compliance to the standard financial and administration procedures In addition. the AFO will ensure that Administration Services are rendered to HOPE International staff members, partners, and visitors in an effective and efficient manner.
- Execute program financial processes by ensuring adherence to financial policies as described in the Finance Manual.
- Delivery of administrative and human resource services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
a) Actively participating in tri-weekly devotions, monthly meetings, and annual retreat for HOPE staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-Centered mission and to promote spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, and spiritual disciplines
2. Financial management
- Engage in training of HOPE Malawi Office team on daily financial procedures such as purchase requests, advances, and expense reporting.
- Assist in the payment of invoices
- Assist with the management of cash needs and handle the tracking of expenditures
- Ensure partner reports are timely collected and reviewed
- Conduct checks and controls to ensure partner reports are accurate
- Help provide support to HOPE Malawi staff and church partner accountants as needed.
- Make sure all filing duties are property conducted
- Assist with organizing logistics and for retreats, meetings and visitors.
- Assist the AFM in keeping office supply inventory and accurate reporting of stock on a regular basis. d) Handling and timely reporting on petty cash usage, replenishment and report
- Recording and regular follow up on payments, (rent, tax, insurance, bills, etc )
- Maintaining and regularly updating the fixed Assets Register
- Maintain and regularly update communication lists,
- Actively participating in improving HOPE processes and procedures by developing and making recommendations, creating innovative methods, cutting costs, working more efficiently. etc.
- Acquaintance with all operation and financial manuals and ensure compliance is fully executed.
- Ensure all reporting tools are fully understood and fully utilized
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure that management’s audit recommendations are timely implemented
- Check and confirm the status of the closed Internal Audit issues
5 Other duties
- Assist the AFM in conducting Financial Compliance Reviews of the HOPE partners, traveling at times to do so b) Perform other duties as requested by the Country Director and Administration and Finance Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engagement and full commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Passion and willingness to learn about Savings Group programs, methodologies. and systems
- Excellent understanding of cross-cultural communication, workplace relationships, or church relations and the ability to communicate well with others
- Hard worker and resilient.
- Highly flexible and creative, assertive, detail-oriented, self-stater with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chichewa
- Excellent computer skills
- Qualifying university degree in Finance, Accounting, Administration, or similar held study
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
- Willingness to travel
HOW TO APPLY
Submit by March 12, 2021 your candidacy to HOPE International by emailing [email protected]org
A Motivation letter with reference for recommendation: C.V