COMSIP Cooperative Union Limited is a member owned organization with a national footprint. It is a secondary cooperative, registered under the Cooperative Societies Act 1998. COMSIP works with rural and peri-urban community groups that are owned, managed and controlled by members themselves and its main thrust is building a culture of savings and investment among ordinary Malawians in a quest to improve livelihoods.
COMSIP is an implementing agency in the Malawi Social Support for Resilient Livelihoods Project (MSSRLP), a government of Malawi project supported by the World Bank. With funding from the World Bank through the National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) COMSIP therefore intends to use part of the funding to recruit suitably qualified, experienced, and result oriented project staff for
the following posts to be based in Lilongwe.
The Accounts Assistant shall report to the Assistant Accountant
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare payment vouchers emanating from duly authorized and approved requests
• Support the payment vouchers with appropriate supporting documentation
• Print accurate payment vouchers and related cheques
• Register the cheques in a cheque register for signing
• Ensure vouchers and all accounting documents are properly filed
• Issuing of receipts for funds received from affiliates and staff
• Maintain Petty Cash
• Timely remittance of PAYE and pension
• Prepare Withholding Tax Certificates
• Ensure timely liquidation of funds for activities
• Manage disbursements of cash during workshops, meetings, trainings and field activities
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Minimum Diploma in accounting
• At least 1-year accounting experience in a project environment.
• Have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Computer knowledge in Microsoft
• Knowledge of Sage accounting packages
• Member of Institute of Chartered Accounts in Malawi (ICAM)
• Adequate Knowledge and adherence to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
Mode of application
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications and requirements should submit application letters together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of National ID and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than Monday, 12th October, 2020.
The Finance and Administration Manager
COMSIP Cooperative Union Limited
Or email to [email protected]
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email