Action for Progress is a Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). The NGO strives to actively be of service to all people by working towards improving living standards of the communities through Health, Agriculture and Food Security, Education and general humanitarian programs.
Action for Progress is seeking to recruit a qualified, experienced and motivated person to fill a position as below;
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Job location: Lilongwe
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in ensuring efficient processing of all financial transactions and reconciliations of both bank and control of accounts following established financial policies.
- Compilation and reconciliation of MRA tax returns & conversant with Malawi tax regulations
- Assist in preparation of financial reports and present to Management team.
- Assist in management of inventory
- Assist in formulation and development of annual budget and revision thereof.
- Management of Payroll.
- Monitor budget implementation and cash flows
- Conversant with Malawian taxation laws
- Proven practical experience in Accounting / Financial management.
- Experience and knowledge in Donor funded financial management will be an added advantage.
- Proven competence in using accounting software packages like Sage is essential.
- Any other Duties assigned from time to time.
- At least 5 years proven experience in Accounting / Finance.
- The Candidate should be between 25 – 45 Years of age.
Interested Candidates should send their application letter and detailed CVs to;
The Executive Director,
Action for Progress,
P.O Box 1818,
or through email: [email protected], before 4 pm on Monday, August 31, 2020
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for interviews
Action for Progress is an Equal Employer