Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi a locally registered NGO since 1996, with the mission to promote social and economic development by implementing projects within health, education, community development, agriculture & food security, fund-raising and environmental programs.
An opportunity has risen for interested applicants to fill in the existing vacant position of Finance Officer at its Head offices in Blantyre, Chileka.
The Finance Officer will provide accounting, operations, and compliance support to DAPP Malawi projects and works under the supervision of the Finance Manager. This role involves reviewing of accounting documents with a view to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and compliance with DAPP Malawi policies and donors’ requirements before they are captured in the accounting system, development and maintenance of various financial reports and variance analysis.
Terms of Reference
Reporting to the Finance Manager, The Finance Officer main tasks include and not limited to:
- Assist the Finance Manager in monitoring field office operations, to ensure that field offices are following internal control procedures established by DAPP Malawi.
- Assist Project Managers in monthly budget preparation, budget realignments, and budget analysis.
- Timely preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports required by DAPP Malawi and its donors.
- Assist with annual statutory audits and period end closure process.
- Monitor budget versus actual for all donor projects under his/her control
- Prepare and submit monthly project BVA (Budget versus Actual) to the Finance Manager on monthly basis.
- Carry out correct posting of project expenses monthly with completeness in the accounting system.
- Ensure Compliance with Donor requirements on all financial issues for all the projects.
- Timely preparation of bank reconciliations for all project bank accounts under his/her authority on monthly basis.
Required Experience Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office.
- Strong experience in working with donor funded projects e.g. USAID, EU, USAID, DFID, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others under strict deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to interpret and work in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Good command of English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility should be ready to work old hours including weekends
- Knowledge and experience in SAGE Pastel and Evolution accounting packages is a must and use of relevant computer skills e.g. Microsoft office applications.
How To Apply:
Please send your job application letter, an up to date CV indicating 3 traceable references in English to;
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: Not later than Friday 1st May, 2020, Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact: +265 888 173 567 / +265 997 252 820