NICO Asset Managers Limited invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position above. We are looking for a dynamic individual with good communication, interpersonal, analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to work under pressure. The person will be assisting in the statutory reporting fora diverse portfolio of managed entities. The person will also be responsible for managing the risk profile of NICO Asset Managers and companies under management and will report to the Head of Finance.
Position: Accountant and Risk Officer
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from an accredited University.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) and a member of ICAM.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have good technical knowledge of IFRS, tax and be conversant with Malawi Stock Exchange (MSE) regulations.
- Must have sound administrative and risk management experience.
- Must have the ability to compile accurate financial reports.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
• Financial and management accounting – timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management and financial reports to meet reporting requirements and statutory reporting deadlines.
• Strategy formulation and budgets – co-ordinate with divisional heads in the formulation and preparation of periodic budgets and forecasts.
• Regulatory compliance – ensure that all statutory and licensing reporting requirements and conditions are met on time to MRA, RBM and MSE etc. Liaison with regulatory authorities and ensuring tax compliance.
• Maintaining relationships and leading negotiations with external consultants and other professionals such as auditors, tax advisors and Malawi Stock Exchange officials.
• Developing and executing risk management plans for the organization in liaison with Management.
• Identifying, assessing and reporting on business process risks which NICO Asset Managers is exposed to, with a view of designing effective controls.
• Development and maintenance of the Companies Risk ,Controls and Incidents Registers.
• Assists in developing risk mitigation strategies for the organization’s critical risks.
• Design, implement and maintain an overall risk management process and procedures in the organisation.
• Monitor developments in the regulatory framework and proactively adapt risk management processes and procedures whenever necessary.
• Ensure an effective partnership between the risk management process and the internal audit department of the NICO Group.
• Reporting to Management from time to time on risk management trends and developments.
• Ensuring that the Company has sound risk management policies in place and that they are updated from time to time.
Skills and abilities:
• Good knowledge of financial and risk management – including budgets, cash flows forecasting, banking contacts and negotiations.
• Investment management and experience in tax reviews.
• Highly organized with abilities to prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and manage projects as part of a team.
• Attention to detail and the ability to follow through.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet multiple deadlines and problem solve.
• Honest, energetic, independent and self-motivated.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment
How to apply
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested persons who meet the above requirements should send their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
NICO Asset Managers Limited
19 Glyn Jones Road, Chibisa House
P.O. Box 3173
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 26th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged