The organization Finlays is a leading independent business to business supplier of tea, coffee and botanical solutions to beverage brand owners worldwide. The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with deep knowledge and passion for its products. Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for.
Finlays is a subsidiary of Swire Group, which is a diversified conglomerate, headquartered in London. It controls a large range of wholly owned businesses across nine countries selling into more than 80 countries worldwide. Our powerful global network gives us exceptional reach and compromises; Tea Farms and Tea processing Facilities; Trading and Sales offices, Manufacturing/ Extraction sites, Blending Facilities, Packaging Facilities and innovative Centres.
We invite applications for the position of Accountant at our office in Blantyre Malawi.
Finlays is an equal opportunity employer
Reporting to the General Manager and on a dotted line the Finance Director, the job holder will be responsible for the Finance and Accounting functions in the business unit including Implementing financial controls. Budgetary, management reports, working capital and inventory controls.
The job holder will:
- Develop and maintain a proper Management Information System, that will enable management to make informed decisions on a day to day basis.
- Prepare short- and long-term budgets and variance reports
- Prepare periodic costings for company products, processes and services
- Formulate a fixed asset policy and maintain an accurate fixed asset register
- Analyse and advise management on cost control and proper working capital management.
- Proper management of petty cash and bank accounts including authorization of payments
- Prepare complete and proper responses to audit reports and queries
- Preparation of payroll and payment of statutory deductions
- Reconciliations of various accounts records including inventory, receivables, payables, bank statements and prepare regular Group Financial reports (GFRs).
- Review and ensure all taxes and other statutory deductions are reconciled and promptly paid
- Inventory management/responsible of the general ledger both postings and reconciliations
- Logistics Management-managing export processes, documentation, customer relationship management and third-party (3PL) logistics service provider management at higher level.
- Coordinating with suppliers regarding invoices, release orders, contracts and deliveries.
- Preparation of shipment reports/summaries/updates for clients’ shipments and tracking
- Negotiate terms/rates with local service providers and approve in line with company policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance option
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification) with at least 5 years post qualification experience with demonstrable continuous professional development
- Experience of working with a range of IT systems, including ERP systems.
- Expert in Microsoft office, ERP Accounting software preferably Navision is an added advantage.
- Qualification and experience in logistics will be an added advantage,
- Knowledge of Malawi legislative framework,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and Numerate with strong analytical skills.
If you meet the above requirement of the position, please apply including a detailed CV, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to reach us not later than 15 January 2021 and be addressed to:
The Human Resource Director
P.O. Box 51387,
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted