Heart to Heart Foundation (HtHF) has been implementing a three year Community based WASH improvement Project in Machinga district, Malawi. This project, which runs from 2019 to 2021, was funded by Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). This funding follows the successful delivery of the Trachoma elimination Project, which also targeted the same district. In addition HtHF Malawi office has a successful experience in the school-based eye health promotion project in 2018 &2019 funded by L’Occitane. Based on this experience and project achievements, we have confirmed the effectiveness of this project in promoting eye health and the right to see for beneficiaries in underprivileged areas where access to medical services is usually difficult, and enhancing eye health knowledge of teachers and stakeholders.
HtHT is currently seeking to recruit for the position of Programme Officer (PO). The newly recruited person will take the lead in supporting the Foundation in ensuring efficient and effective project management, covering key aspects of finance management, planning, project field implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and policy development.
Position: Programme Officer
Scope of work
1. Programme Planning & Development
- Support HtHF in the preparation of coherent, prioritized and realistic annual and Quarterly plans
2. Partner Management & Reporting
- Ensure that HtHF prepare and submit high quality financial and progress reports in a Complete and timely fashion.
- Timely preparation and submission of high quality weekly, quarterly, Semi-annual and annual reports for PC&PM’s review and submission to HQ.
3. Capacity Building
- The Programme Officer shall support capacity building of all relevant districts and grassroots based institutions.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Produce high quality professional reports on monitoring and supervision visits to project sites; highlighting what’s working well, gaps noted and suggested solutions
- Facilitate verification of beneficiaries and ensure that data on beneficiaries is dis- aggregated accordingly.
- Ensure that the workmanship and quality of works delivered by various service providers is of high quality and meeting relevant Government of Malawi/internationally recommended standards. Critical will be the PO’s focus on ensuring delivery of high quality, gender sensitive and sustainable interventions
- In conjunction with the partners develop and apply a simple, systematic, effective and participatory system of project monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that the lessons learnt from programme monitoring are incorporated into revised activity implementation approaches.
- Produce periodic work plans and reports as required.
- Produce major reports and case studies on M & E lessons arising from HtHF work in Malawi
- Create, manage and maintain relevant database for HtHF Malawi work
5. Administration and Finance
The Programme Officer shall be responsible for administering the HtHF programme in accordance with relevant Organizational policies.
- Risk Management Strategy
- Preparation of monthly activity plans.
- Comply with HtHF’s financial process when applying for a budget according to the activity plan, and faithfully respond to the submission of evidence.
- Management of the Foundation’s assets, including vehicles, computers, among Others
- Maintenance of project files and documentation
- Responding to requests for information and reports from HtHF Malawi team Members, HQ and other relevant partners and stakeholders
- To undertake other professional activities as reasonably requested by the Project Manager
- Plan activities to the extent permitted by the budget and operate so that Expenditures do not exceed within the budget.
- Check the budget from time to time, and if an excess of expenditure occurs, Immediately consult with the finance team and find a solution.
Programme Officer shall:
- Represent HtHF at district level workshops and meetings
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other agencies regarding the Foundation’s supported work in Machinga and in any other district as might be appropriate
- Attend meetings or conferences in country or international and represent HtHF as Requested by the Country Representative.
The desired qualifications and experience are as follows:
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience in WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) or Health related field dealing with large scale project management
- Undergraduate degree in one or more disciplines relevant to Public Health or Social Science obtained from recognized/accredited Institutions
- Those with experience on eye health and Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) will have an added advantage
- Experience of working in partnership with local governments and NGOs
- Skilled in data collection, data analysis, and interpretation
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Fluent in English and local languages
- Skilled in MS office programs (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and to meet deadlines
- Team player with strong commitment to working with others to achieve mutual objective but also able to work independently
Submission of applications
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications including their updated CV, copies of certificates and a statement of why you are suitable for the job and names plus contact details of three traceable references should be sent to:
The Project Manager,
Heart to Heart Foundation,
or Email: [email protected]